How to get back into the swing of things after a long weekend
Did you know South Africa has 13 public holidays this year? We have just come out of a long weekend, and if you are anything like us here at TTWB, getting into the swing of things can take slightly longer and more effort than just one cup of coffee.
So here are 5 short ways to make the transition smoother:-
- Pomodora cycle. A highly effective and easy to follow time management technique. Basically you work for 25 minutes, then have a 5 minute break.
- Natural light, try to get some natural light. If you work in an office with artificial light, use your 5 minutes to take a walk and get some natural light. It will increase energy and productivity.
- Smile! It’s a natural stress reliever.
- Respond to emails in batches. Emails can become very time consuming. Spend a few minutes responding to emails and then shut your emails down, until you ready to reply to the next batch.
- Social media is ADDICTIVE, especially after a long weekend and everyone is posting updates and photographs. While at work, resist the temptation to log into your social media accounts.
“Out of clutter, find Simplicity. From discord, find Harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies Opportunity.”–Albert Einstein